This Pre & Post-Natal Yoga Teacher Training is for practitioners of various modalities, who want to increase, deepen and improve their knowledge of the changes experienced in both the pre-natal and post-natal body.
This course will help build confidence in working with women/persons at all stages of pregnancy and those with newborns. Knowledge gained from this course will enable you to integrate pregnant women/pregnant persons into existing public yoga classes and to teach specialty pre-natal classes.
This training will focus on adapting asanas (postures) and pranayama (breathing techniques). Together we will explore mudras, sounding and chanting for the maximum safety and benefit of the women/persons!
This course is designed for yoga teachers, doulas, nurses, midwives and yoga ‘teachers-to-be’, presenting a consistent yogic approach to the experience of childbirth.
- Receive instruction on the basics of anatomy and stages of pregnancy
- Practice poses and breathing techniques beneficial for pregnancy
- Practice hands-on assists for pregnant women/pregnant persons in a variety of poses
- Receive basic anatomical information on cautions and contraindications of various poses
- Learn sequences that help relieve mothers’ discomfort from lifting, nursing and carrying a baby
- Receive information on the physical and hormonal changes occurring in a new mother’s body
- Receive instruction on sequences to alleviate lower back discomfort and core integration
A certificate of completion will be granted upon successful completion of the course.:
17 Faculty led hours
3 Homework Assignment hours due Sunday, June 25, 2023.
This course can be used towards Continuing Education hours.
$440 (not subject to HST)
Tuition fees are 100% tax-deductible and an Income Tax Receipt is issued.
Class size is limited, please register early to secure a place.